Thursday, March 26, 2009

Revell Harbor Tug Boat 1/108


I have begun the build of my first model. It is a Revell Harbor Tug that is does not have to much detail to it. Though I see many things on the kit that I will want to change.
The kit does not come with any clear windows for the wheel house or port holes. I plan on installing clear styrene sheets for the windows. The rope bumpers are made from plastic and I will be making new ones or ordering hand made bumpers.




When I received the model many of the small pieces on the spruce were broken off or close to it. I noticed that the hand rails are broken in the middle which will need some replacing.









On the bottom of the boat it had the Revell logo with date. I removed that by sanding with 320 grit up to 2000 grit paper. As well as on the main deck they had ropes molded to the deck. I removed those so I can make my own. I am not sure if it will be wire or actual string but I will have see what works.
The main deck had several injection locations that needed to be cleaned up a bit. Once a coat of primer gets on these parts I can see if it will need more sanding.

As you can see I have glued styrene sheets on the two main base brackets. Originally these were separate pieces that were instructed to glue to the hull of the boat. I did not like that idea and decided to add these so I can put a name onto the base.

No comments:

Post a Comment